Wednesday November 11, 2020
Remembrance Day Commemoration for 822 Tutor Squadron will take place on Wednesday November 11, 2020 from 1830 hours to 2030 hours. The virtual Remembrance Day commemoration will take place using the existing webex platform. The link can be found on the 822 website or cadets will receive a webex invite for the November 11, 2020 session.
The dress for the Remembrance Day session is: C3
- O Canada
- Comments by 822 C.O Captain Wilson, CO. 80 Spitfire, C.O 530 Havoc
- Presentation by Mr. Strange- Canada’s Military Legacy and Veteran’s Sacrifice
- Presentation by 822 Cadets of their family/friends or person of interest who are serving or who have served in the Canadian Armed Forces. See details below and request.
- Last Post
- Moment of Silence
- God Save the Queen
Details for Request of 822 Cadets Presentation of Veteran/Active Canadian Armed Forces Personal
Having are 822 Cadets actively engaged in the virtual Remembrance Day Ceremony is an important way that they can show their appreciation for the veterans and active CAF personal in the service of Canada. Staff is requesting if individual 822 Tutor cadets do a two to three-minute presentation on a family member/friend or person of interest who is a veteran or actively serving in the Canadian Armed Forces.
Important information would include:
- How this person may be related to you? What inspired you about them?
- What were their years of service? What is their rank?
- What units did they serve with? What did you not know about them?
- What was their trade/job they did? What is their story?
Cadets that would like to do presentation for the Remembrance ceremony contact Lt Gibbons to give some details of their presentation and timings.
See 822 website for contact information.
Email on virtual courses and fall newsletter (bottom).
Congratulations to FCpl Aung, FCpl Church and WO2 Jensen!
– Capt Wilson
To: +CCO Natl CJCR Sp Gp|CCO Gp S Nat CRJC <NatlCJCRSpGp-GpSNatCRJC@cadets.gc.ca>
Subject: Virtual Courses Now Available – Les cours virtuels sont désormais disponibles Sent on behalf of Cmdre Kurtz, Comd CJCR // Envoyé au nom du Cmdre Kurtz, Cmdt CRJC BILINGUAL E-MAIL / COURRIEL BILINGUE Virtual Courses Now Available Ref: National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group (Natl CJCR Sp Gp) Summer 2020 Campaign Plan 1. In an effort to assist with local corps/squadron virtual training, a selection of the courses from summer 2020 Virtual Cadet Training Centres are now available for local use. 2. COATS members and senior cadets are encouraged to visit the extranet under the “Leader Activities” tab to access these courses. 3. To be kept up to date with the latest orders, directives and policies, it is critical that staff at the corps and squadron level continue to monitor their CCO-Net email accounts, including their unit positional mailboxes, on a regular basis. END OF ENGLISH TEXT / DÉBUT DU TEXTE EN FRANÇAIS Les cours virtuels sont désormais disponibles Réf.: Plan de campagne du Groupe de soutien national aux Cadets et Rangers Juniors Canadiens (Gp S Nat CRJC) été 2020 1. Dans le but d’aider à l’entraînement virtuel des corps/escadrons locaux, une sélection de cours des centres d’entraînement virtuels des cadets de l’été 2020 est maintenant disponible pour un usage local. 2. Les membres du SAOIC et cadets seniors sont encouragés à visiter l’extranet sous l’onglet «Activités Leader» pour accéder à ces cours. 3. Afin de demeurer à jour en ce qui a trait aux directives, aux politiques et aux ordres les plus récents, il est essentiel que le personnel des corps et escadrons consulte régulièrement leurs boites courriel du REOCC incluant les boites génériques.
- Virtual C.O. parades will be Wednesday October 21 and November 18, 2020 from 1830 to 1900.
Dress is C3.
- Flight Commanders will be in touch with Cadets to let them know that they are in their flight. Flight Commanders will be giving weekly calls to cadets to check in and provide support to the cadets in their flights.
- Virtual Mess Dinner December 16, 2020.
Dress: Mess Dress.
Details to follow.
- October 28 and November 4 , 2020, Level 1 and 2 Virtual Class- Model building Class with Mr Jeremy Cada.
Level 1 and 2 Cadets need to follow the direction posted on the 822 website to pick up kits.
If Level 3, 4 or 5 cadets want to join the class they are welcome to bring their model kits THEY HAVE PURCHASED to the class for helpful instructions.
- November 18, 2020 Virtual Class will involve all Levels from 1830 to 2100 hours.
There will be an interactive presentation on the RAMSARD system that is responsible for the Search and Rescue system in Canada. The presentation will focus on the resources of the Canadian Armed Forces and the Canadian Coast Guard. The presentation ties directly into the |Aircrew Survival component of the Air Cadet Training program.
All enquiries are to be directed to Lt Gibbons