- Virtual Training will start Wednesday September 9, 2020 and continue until/ or after October 1, 2020 every Wednesday night.
- Virtual Training will be from:
– 1830 to 1929 for level 1 and 2
– 1930 to 2029 for level 3
– 2030 to 2130 for level 4
- The dress for the virtual sessions is tour dress or presentable civilian casual attire.
- The Webex teleconference program/app is the platform that 822 Tutor squadron will be using for its virtual training.
- It is important that cadets complete the Accessibility to Virtual Training Survey 2020 and have it submitted no later than September 4, 2020. The survey link can be found on the 822 Tutor website or 822 Facebook Page. By completing the survey, the staff can better understand who has access to the virtual training and who does not. Staff then can come up with solutions to assist the cadet in having accessibility to the virtual training.
- There is no cadet that will be penalized for not having access to the virtual training due to accessibility issues. Staff have several ideas including worksheets with lesson material and activities mailed out to the cadet so they can do the activity and still gain some valuable cadet lesson-based information.
- Lessons will be taught by a combination of C.I.C staff and cadet Warrant officers
- Attendance will be taken for the classes. Cadets are suggested to have the following items available when taking part in their virtual lessons. Notepad, 2-inch binder, pen, pencil, eraser, pencil crayons/markers and glue/tape.
The lessons that will be taught to the cadets this year in both the virtual and in-person setting will encompass 3 main principles. The lessons will be FLEXIBLE, FUN and ENGAGING
The lessons will start with a safety briefing on cyber security and a Covi-19 Safety Briefing. The instructors will go over how to use the Webex teleconference and its features. The main lesson will focus on informed lessons designed to be flexible in its application, fun in the way it is delivered to the cadet and engaging in the content of the material/subject.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Lt Scott Gibbons