Details for the aviation exam (1), and course interviews (2), are below. Be certain to abide by the dress instructions listed.
1. Regional Cadet Support Unit (Central)
South Western Ontario Area
PO Box 32089 RPO Northland
London ON N5V 5K4
1085-24(Zone Trg O 4)
FLYING SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS 2019
Ref: A. CRCSO 402-15 – AIR CADET LEAGUE FLYING SCHOLARSHIP
B. CRCSO 400/17 AIR CADET QUOTAS
C. CATO 51-01 AIR CADET PROGRAM
D. ROUTINE ORDER NO 012/2017 DATED 01 Dec 17
1. The Central Region 2019 Air Cadet Glider and Power Pilot Scholarship Exams are scheduled to take place Saturday 12 January 2019. Air cadets from various Sqns in SWOA will be writing this exam as part of the scholarship selection process.
2. Units are to ensure that they have forwarded the names of the cadets that will be writing the Flying Scholarship Exams to their J3 Z Trg O. Submissions were due 07 Dec 18. Submissions must have included the cadet’s full name and which exam they will be attempting. Squadrons will have the opportunity to make changes to their submission of cadets for the flying exams NLT 7 Jan 18, if necessary.
3. Cadets will write their exam at the centre specified for their sqn per Annex A. The exam will be attended by an SWOA representative and proctored by a designated pilot as indicated in Annex A.
4. Exam date(s) as follows:
a. Initial Date: Saturday 12 January 2019, 1230 for 1300 – 1500 hrs; with
b. Backup Date: Sunday13 January 2019, 1230 for 1300 – 1500 hrs.
5. Sqn COs are responsible for the following details:
a. Dress: Cadets and escorting officers will report to the examination centre detailed by their Detachment wearing authorized uniform: (Cadets C-2; Officers DEU 3B or 3C).
b. Cadet Unit COs can approve this activity under their authority. Support for meals or transportation will not be authorized.
c. Calculators: No electronic calculators/flight computers are allowed.
d. Flight Computers: The flight computer does not have to be an E6-B; it can be a Jeppesen-Saunders or other mechanical type, just not electronic. Please note that the SWOA office does not have any flight computers and it is the responsibility of the units to supply these for their cadets.
6. Only the following items are allowed for cadets writing the exam:
a. Pencil (provided);
b. Scrap paper (provided); and
c. Flight computers (units are responsible for ensuring cadets requiring flight computers have them provided)
7. Good luck with the exams.
Zone Trg O, London (Chatham-Essex)
2. The interview practices are;
January 13, 2019 and January 20, 2019
at the 822 Sqn LHQ at Waterloo Regional Airport (CYKF)
Times on both days are 1500h to 1730h.
Interview staff January 13 are from 80 and 296 squadrons.
Interview staff on January 20 are from 530 and 822 squadrons.
Dress for cadets is C-2 (full dress with ribbons)
DO NOT WEAR
· Band kit
· white belts
· Chin straps
Your uniform counts for 5 easy points. Make sure it is perfect.
– CI O’Connor