Model building with Forbes Hobbies for Tuesday January `19, 2021 (18:30 – 20:00) and a TBA in February.
WebEx link to be found with this post.
The virtual session is open to all cadets.
Mr. Cada from Forbes Hobbies has offered has volunteered to give guidance in the hobby of model building in a virtual platform.
Cadets are to bring the models they purchased and model supplies.
Search and Rescue team virtual training will continue on a bi-weekly basis.
See this link provided below. (Note: If this link does not work, please try links found in the Google calendar as they will always be updated as needed.)
The WebEx link will be a continually link used for the duration of the 2020/2021 training year.
Search and Rescue team virtual training will concentrate on practical skills that are hands on in nature but learned through interactive virtual platform.
See the calendar for bi-weekly lesson itinerary.
All cadets are welcome!
Seeking 822 cadets to help the 822 Search and Rescue team to re-design it’s logo. Would like the creativity of our 822 cadets to show their artistic skills and imaginations. The following perimeters are to be used as a guide.
- Use what ever medium you feel comfortable with, i.e. painting, drawing, computer graphics, etc.
- Medium has to be convertible to a PDF format, so it can be used by screen printers and embroiders for T-shirt, hoodies, mugs and pens.
- The motto “so others can live” needs to appear some where on it.
- “822 Air Cadets Search and Rescue Team” needs to appear on the logo in some format, however you can rearrange it so the acronym of the team is easy to say. i.e. Air Cadet Search and Rescue Team Acronym would be A.C.S.R.T.. This Acronym is not easy to say, therefore you can arrange it so its easy to say.
- You can use a central picture for the logo i.e. a R.C.A.F Search and Rescue Aircraft, a non-agency life saving symbol, life saving animal etc.
- The contest is open to all 822 cadets regardless of rank and position.
- Each cadet is allowed to have 2 logo submissions.
The contest will accept submissions up until January 16,2021. Submissions are to be emailed to Lt Gibbons at scott.gibbons1968@gmail .com and c.c. to Captain Mazur at email@example.com . Submissions will be posted on the 822 website and the squadron will vote on which one they like the best. The 3 logos with the most votes will be brought before the staff team and will have a winner choosen. Their will be a 3 rd , 2 nd and 1 st prize awarded. These prizes will be awarded and mailed out to the winning 822 cadets.
822 Cadets have FUN with this contest and we look forward to seeing your submissions